Extensions Countdown - Oct 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extensions Countdown - Oct 15

Oct 10 afternoon - anybody want to say where they are at this point?

I have 7 personal returns left to finish - including my own..
    (Actually 6, because one of them won't get her info to me on time - she never does).
    Info is in on everybody else unless some ugly surprise pops up during completion.

Also 3 C-corp state returns to finish up (Fed has already been filed for each).

With any luck, I won't be working over the weekend.

Hope it's the same for you.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

I just finished the last partnership return. 3 personals to go. Hope to be thru by Friday noon. Working on quarterly reports and sales tax. I'm never finished, always something waiting to be done.

Comment

mine's done and I have the state refund already. one sch c I need auto mileage for, two new ones coming in tonight (but they already sent in prior years returns so I have them set up), ex-hubbys, and one done that I don't have the 8879 for yet. And I'm busier than *&%$ at work with employee biz expense audits. Someone must've listened when I said the budget would be balanced if all the IRS looked at were empl. biz expenses and zero income schedule Cs, because that's what we're getting.

So far one of the clients has actually had legit biz expenses!

Comment

barely staying afloat

21 more returns to do, 7 which are business returns. will try to get the ones done where there is no penalty by Monday. Most clients are understanding and are OK as long as there is no penalty and it's done by Christmas. I overbook (like the airlines do) which gives me more work I can spread out throught the year; this helps pay the health insurance. Happy deadline to all.

Comment

I have 5 left. One definitely won't be done - she hasn't even given me 2005 info yet. Another one, we finally got current although now she's divorcing, so I probably won't see that.

Then there's the atty that all I need is the WI Schedule K-1 to file and I've been hounding her since mid summer for. She owes and my explainations of penaties & interest she is accruing is not sinking in. She has the K-1 and has told me several times she'll fax it to me as soon as we get off the phone.

I don't ever recall October being this nuts.

Comment

Last few to go

Still have 1 1120S, 6 returns, 1 2005.

Plus my monthly bookkeeping clients, payroll tax deposits due 10/15, sales tax due 10/22.
            Jiggers, EA

Comment

3 + my own.

I like to practice on everyone else's before I do my own.

Comment

Cir 230

BK,
                I just sent in mine a few days ago, I know what you mean about doing ours last. Don't forget, if our own return goes in after Oct. 15, we are in violation of Cir 230. I got a letter from IRS a few years ago on this as I used to do mine in Nov/Dec. Doesn't matter is athe taxes are all paid in.

Comment

Got something like 5 or 6 left and have three new voicemails from new clients looking for some help by monday. I love it wait all year and then scramble at the last minute.

Called one back and I tripled my fee, normally charge 250 for a sch a 1040 with schd . Told the lady that at this late of date my fee would be 750 she did not even question it , she simple said when can I come down. Love it!

Comment

Working...
                  X