Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am e-filing a return and the client needs to do an installment on balance due. I changed the voucher amount to reflect payment they will send in.

Should I send in the 9465 attached to the payment voucher, which is what I think I should do or send it in separately?

Kind of a dumb question, but I've never had this situation before today.

Thanks,

Dennis

Remembered...

that the 9465 needs to be sent to another address than the voucher!

So, separately.

Dennis

Comment

Isn't the form part and parcel of the efiled return? Why send it in separately?
      ChEAr$,
      Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Good news! The 9465 is e-filable so just do it and e-file it as part of the return. Makes it easy! August

Comment

I guess the form needing the signatures was what got me to thinking it needed to be sent in. You're right.

I will keep the signed copy in my file, if ever needed.

Dennis

Comment

Where to send it?

I'll bet I've sent in over a hundred 9465s just attached to the front page of a return and have never yet had one returned to me because of incorrect address.

Almost all the IRS addresses are strictly for the convenience of the IRS processing machine, but you can (and I have) send any IRS correspondence to almost any IRS address and it won't come back -- they simply forward it on to wherever it should go. If you send a refund return to a tax due address, or vice-versa, it's no problem; they won't send it back. Try it with a care-less client who wouldn't get mad about it and ask him to keep you informed (you'll see that nothing happens).

Comment

Working...
            X