Employers checking SS#'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Employers checking SS#'s

Is there a new requirement that employers MUST check the SS# of a new hire with the SSA?

I think we had a thread about this some while back.

Is this something the Gov't is considering, or is it in place?

Thanks. :>)
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Employers checking SS#s

To my knowledge, at present it's NOT a requirement.
    If it were - IRS would officially send out notices to every 941 filer.
    Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Previous Discussions

There are 3 threads you can refer back to in which there was a lively discussion of this issue and its implications. I remember because I had a keen interest in the subject. There was lots of good information provided by many members.

Try searching "Social Security Number Verification" and they should pop up.
      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

SSN Verification

Some of the states have mandated it, Arizona is one I've heard has sanctions for failure to verify SSN upon employment. Likely the states will force it before Congress will.

Daniel
        "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks John. Found it.
          You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

Working...
          X