• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to be able to

upload a picture in the signature area.

Just to let you know

Originally posted by veritas View Post
    upload a picture in the signature area.
    you have not been completely abandoned by your fellow board members, this is to advise you that:

(1) I haven't the slightest idea how to do it.

"We can only give what we have to give, Linda" -- ELVIS PRESLEY (upon giving a diamond to girlfriend Linda Thompson and informing her that: (a) He was emotionally exhausted. (b) Money, fame, and high-living would have to suffice)

(2) Geekgirldany knows sump'n about, ummm...ave-at-tars, I think she called 'em, and maybe could tell you about those if they're close to what you want.

Yours truly,
    Clueless in Arkansas

Any rain there lately?

Comment

Hey Bart!

It's been kinda wet this summer. I put far fewer miles on the bike this year. But maybe I'm just slowing down.

Did you see they are doing a remake of the western 3:10 to Yuma? Wish those hollywood types would come up with something new rather than rehashing what's been done before. That being said I would like to see a movie from the tv show Have Gun Will Travel.

The picture thing is an option but it is turned off.

Comment

Been dry as a bone here, but

It's been kinda wet this summer. I put far fewer miles on the bike this year. But maybe I'm just slowing down.

Did you see they are doing a remake of the western 3:10 to Yuma? Wish those hollywood types would come up with something new rather than rehashing what's been done before. That being said I would like to see a movie from the tv show Have Gun Will Travel.

The picture thing is an option but it is turned off.
        looks like it's comin' up a cloud. Lordy, it's been miserably hot all summer -- many, many days of 100 plus around here -- maybe Gore's not an alarmist (actually I think he's almost surely right).

About the movies; that remake's being advertised now, but I haven't seen it yet. The original (Glenn Ford) played on cable the other day. The remakes aren't usually as good as the originals, but I guess many of the younger set never saw them in the first place. Have to say though, that Kurt Russell's "Wyatt Earp" (whatver movie it was replacing) was very good and I thought Val Kilmer should have received a "Best Supporting Actor" award for his outstanding portrayal of Doc Holliday. I'm not sure which "Earp" movie that one replaced; maybe Lancaster/Douglas' "Gunfight at the OK Corral," or another lesser-known work -- "My Darling Clementine" with Henry Fonda (excellent movie).

Yeah, I liked Boone too (ever see him in "Hombre" with Paul Newman?), but I don't see how anybody could improve on his character.

No hog-wallowing with your bike this summer, eh? Well okay; as you and Clint have said -- "a man's got to know his limitations," but still, don't let your gears freeze up from disuse.

Regards,
        A fellow movie buff,
        BB

P.S. Any new dialogue quotations?

Comment

Remakes

I don't think the Kurt Russell film was a remake of any older film; a biographical film is going to be the same story any number of times its made. I believe Kevin Costner made one called 'Wyatt' about the same time. Val Kilmer rules as Doc Holiday though! A fictional story is different, ie. Magnificent Seven being a remake of 'Seven Samurai', or the current situation in Hollywood where they can't seem to come up with a new story to save their lives (remakes of TV shows? live action cartoons? )jeez, I wish for the days when remakes were just an english language version of a foreign film.

Comment

Hey Boys since we are talking about old movies, I am very fond of Cool Hand Luke.

After watching that movie I never looked at car washing the same way again.

Comment

lol

You ought to see a Harley wash.
              Last edited by veritas; 08-27-2007, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Speaking of old series

I always liked "Have Gun, Will Travel" when I was a youngster, but for years I was puzzled by Paladin's first name - couldn't figure out why someone would name their kid "Wire". (I eventually figured it out)

Last edited by JohnH; 08-27-2007, 05:52 PM.
                "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

"What we have here is a failure to communicate"- Cool Hand Luke

Sometimes this quote can sum up my day.
                  Last edited by sea-tax; 08-27-2007, 06:34 PM.

Comment

You ought to see a Harley wash.
                    Also Veritas since you are in the financial biz like me you must appreciate the 1987 flick Wallstreet.

" Anything worth doing is worth doing for money"-Wallstreet
                    " Ever wonder why fund managers can't beat the S&P 500? Because there sheep and sheep get slaughtered"-Wallstreet

Also I might add that BoilerRoom is a good one too.

"People that tell yout money is the root of all evil don't have any. They say money can't buy you happiness, well look at the smile on my face! Ear to Ear baby!" - Boiler Room

Comment

After a day like that

You get to spend the night in the box, according to Carr.
                      Last edited by JohnH; 08-27-2007, 07:23 PM.
                      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

just watched Boiler Room yesterday

Originally posted by sea-tax View Post
                        Also Veritas since you are in the financial biz like me you must appreciate the 1987 flick Wallstreet.

" Anything worth doing is worth doing for money"-Wallstreet
                        " Ever wonder why fund managers can't beat the S&P 500? Because there sheep and sheep get slaughtered"-Wallstreet

Also I might add that BoilerRoom is a good one too.

"People that tell yout money is the root of all evil don't have any. They say money can't buy you happiness, well look at the smile on my face! Ear to Ear baby!" - Boiler Room
                        Love that movie (definately not for the kiddies though)

"I'm a shakin' boss, I'm a shakin" - Cool Hand Luke

I always liked that one because it proves the old adage, "perception is reality". I had a boss who used to say that to us all the time. Must of worked 'cause he never really got anything done, but kept moving up in the organization.

Comment

It's been kinda wet this summer. I put far fewer miles on the bike this year..
                          ?? While the eastern half of your state has been burning up from drought?!

Comment

Two entirely different climates

Wet west of the cascade range and high desert east of the cascades.

Comment

"captain" Strother Martin

Originally posted by sea-tax View Post
                              "What we have here is a failure to communicate"- Cool Hand Luke

Sometimes this quote can sum up my day.
                              do you have a shotgun or whip in hand when trying to communicate? it makes a big difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X