Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The astute amphibian's exactly right

Originally posted by Corduroy Frog View Post
    ...an exchange starts...moderator quickly deleted the...post...a casualty of...cyber-sequence...collateral damage...no justifiable way to address without removing everything related.
    Yup, that's what happened all right.

Your personna on this board is unparalleled...your...thread, a year or so ago, one of the finest and most convincing writing I've ever seen...
    Would you mind repeating this a couple of dozen times?

...slash-and-burn becomes necessary...monitors try to stop the madness before it gets out-of-hand... I'm sure the monitors would rather not spend their time pondering whether someone's post needs deleting.
    Oh, I know it, I know it; but a good post is art, you see. And sure, that book-burnin' Yank had to do it in the interest of justice, but he coulda gimme a cigarette and a blindfold first.

...this extra droning on about this situation has gone on long enough and it's time to move on instead of continuing to draw attention to it..
    Well, nobody can argue with that. This is my last salvo on this thread. Sorry, Paul -- I take back the part about RALs.

P.S. -- Paul: the duel's off.
    P.S. -- Frog: a reputation is valuable and requires defense -- even if the context upsets others.
    Last edited by Black Bart; 08-11-2007, 07:59 AM.

Comment

In the interest of continuing this thread, as most were doing at the time, I posted an off topic story. At the time I was unsure to post it or not but decided to do it anyway to enhance the "record" thread. I fully appoligise to all as it was not intended to offend anyone, and I seen worse on this board.

I have never posted such an off topic/ off color story before and will never do it again. As to the negative reply, well I should of expected it. Those that had nice comments about me, thank you, I had no idea that I was that well thought of. WOW..........

This thread should now be done//////////////////////////////////////
      Last edited by BOB W; 08-11-2007, 10:00 AM.
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

#4 in

number of views.

Comment

Originally posted by veritas View Post
          number of views.

Isn't post what counts?
          This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Good point Bob

#1 in posts.

Comment

Please don't take it personally if your post fell victim to the clear cutting operation. I'm sure I missed some that should have been cut under the same principles, and may have cut some that should have remained.

The purpose is to make sure the discussions don't get out of hand and at least vaguely fit the definition of "on topic." Our goal is not to deem participants' comments as worthy or not. However, we have had experience where the tone of the discussions began to resemble a contentious cowpie hurling derby. We erred on the side of letting the cowpies fly unhindered, and it wasn't long until the forum became dominated by a very few individuals. As a result we took a harder line. Since we've done that, the number of different participants in this forum has increased dramatically. That's our goal.

Please keep in mind that as you become familiar with other participants and feel more free to let fly with what might be good-natured ribbing, there are potential participants viewing as guests who may want to join in the discussions. If they're looking over the fence and see muck flying, they'll keep walking. Then we all lose.

I ask for your understanding of the challenges of maintaining standards on a forum that is open to so very many people with so many different perspectives and goals.

We appreciate everyone's continued efforts at keeping the tone of this forum respectful and valuable to tax professionals.
              Last edited by TMI Moderator; 08-11-2007, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Original Post

Originally posted by Bird Legs View Post
                I will add my 1/2 cents worth.
                Believe this thread has gone about as far as it can go, unless someone can
                shed some new light on the original post.
                And as much light has been shed, don't know if there is any left.
                I have tried to lurk and be #100, but someone else will get the prize.

The thing that struck me about the original post was that I thought $2500 and 16!s was too many explaination points. Maybe 5 or 6 at the most!

Comment

Slowing down?

Are we going to make it to 100? Not much action the last few days.

I think we all learned something from this thread about making sure our clients understand what we tell them and NOT to give even an educated guess on what they will owe.

Linda F

Comment

I don't mind giving them a guess

I frequently give them a guess, but I emphasize that they can't rely on it because they could have made an error or I could have made one and that nothing counts until the return is finished. If they complain that I'm being too vague, I tell them to look at the warranty on any of the computer software they have ever purchased .
                    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Is this #100?

Interesting thread.
                      Jiggers, EA

Comment

Is this #100?

Interesting thread.

I wonder how the CPA will make out?

Sometimes in the rush of April 15th in working extensions, I use the SWAG method to arrive at the amount to send with the extension, if any.

The SWAG method? Scientific Wild A** Guess! Learned that from my statistics professor many years ago.
                        Jiggers, EA

Comment

Get a New CPA

I wish I would have joined this discussion earlier. The original poster seemed to be very very defensive....and I'm like, "How dare you" lol

You come to a tax forum's message board seeking free advice to a scenario that is half told, then snap at everyone who doesn't reply the way you think they should...

Well, that's fine, the solution to this problem is this, if you need further advice from a CPA other than your original preparer, you should research and call another one to review your return for you....of course there will be a small fee
                          Shawn D. Miller
                          Atlanta, GA

"If you stand on the shoulders of a giant...you will see further than a giant!"

Comment

To bad

she didn't ask for free marital advice.

Comment

Rush Hour 3

Boy, I was about to go watch Rush Hour 3 with Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan, but shooo, there are some real comedians in this forum......I sit back and chuckle often!
                              Shawn D. Miller
                              Atlanta, GA

"If you stand on the shoulders of a giant...you will see further than a giant!"

Comment

Swag

Originally posted by Jiggers View Post
                                Interesting thread.

I wonder how the CPA will make out?

Sometimes in the rush of April 15th in working extensions, I use the SWAG method to arrive at the amount to send with the extension, if any.

The SWAG method? Scientific Wild A** Guess! Learned that from my statistics professor many years ago.
                                When I worked as an auditor for a major corporation, we sometimes joked about applying a SWAG factor to our calculations in making audit claims. One girl who was a fairly new auditor heard about the SWAG factor and turned in some worksheets which included an adjustment for the SWAG factor. I was reviewing her audit and saw it and started laughing and showing it to another member of the staff. He explained the meaning of the SWAG factor to her and she was half embarrassed and half amused.

Comment

Working...
                                X