Does this still apply?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this still apply?

Brad Imsdahl 02/28/07. TTB, page 5-10, Did You Know, provides two citations for the information presented. Neither citation specifically addresses how the rule applies to partners in a partnership.

You certainly can try to apply logic and guess how the IRS will rule, but TTB only mentions sole proprietors and S corporation shareholders because those are the only two the IRS specifically addressed.

And many commentators out right disagree with the logic in the IRS Headliner concerning S corporations, which basically has next to no authority at all.

TTB cannot comment on partners in a partnership because there isn’t anything to base it on.
    I have partners buying their own health insurance in their own names. It seems I can put this above the line for them except for that pesky "in the name of " stuff. But, there is an exception for self employed and in this light the partners are self employed.

So I wanted to know if this still applies or if you have found other information and now the IRS has commented on partners in a partnership buying their own health insurance.
    JG

I haven't read any new info on this. That doesn't mean there isn't something out there. It just means I've been busy doing other stuff.

Comment

Thanks for your comment.
      JG

Comment

Working...
      X