The Tax Book WebCD free demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Tax Book WebCD free demo

I finally took the time to download the free demo. I like TTB deluxe in book form. Brad Imsdahl really sold me. I tried the demo and as much as I hate reading the screen (I prefer hardcopy), I was convinced this is a great tool for searching. The ability to go right to a Rev. ruling of RP is probably the best and easiest I have seen.

Easy overrules paper sometimes. Am I the only one who had not tried this demo before today? I read post several weeks ago about it being good.... and I foolishly thought Ummm I bet I don't like it. I was wrong.
    Jeannie

I don’t like reading stuff on the computer screen either. However, when I am trying to find something in TheTaxBook, it usually is not to sit there and read and read and read. It is usually just to look something up that takes 15 seconds to read, once you find it.

Also, you may have noticed that I like to quote the answers from the Pubs allot when I answer questions on the message board. I simply go to the topic in TheTaxBook, click on the blue header, and there it is. I copy and past the answer right out of the Pub to the message board.

I also have gotten in the habit of printing pages out of TheTaxBook and the IRS Pubs whenever someone has a tax question. I had a client who had a real estate agent tell her that she would have to pay capital gains on the sale of her house since she did not live there the full two years. The reason for the move is a job change. I told her a job change is an exception to the rule which allows for a reduced exclusion. I went to page 6-21 on the WebCD, printed that page for her, and also clicked on the blue header which took me to page 14 and 15 in IRS Pub 523 which lists a job change as the first exception to the rule.

Comment

Yes I will love the ability to print out info for a client or their file. It beats flipping a book over to copy a page or 2 for a client.

Comment

Working...
      X