2007 ES packages from IRS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2007 ES packages from IRS

Two clients have just received 2007 ES packages which were not needed. One has already
    received the package and the other has no need for it. Will we be deluged with such?

Es

I believe The IRS sends out 1040-ES packages to everyone who did not file a first qtr 1040ES and whose prior year balance due was greater $1,000 and more than 10% of the total tax.

Comment

In the two instances I have seen the first taxpayer has already paid the first two 2007
      ES installment payments on the 1040-ES forms already provided by IRS. The other
      taxpayer had no tax liability last year and expects to have no tax liability next year.

Comment

Change of address?

Did the T/P who sent in Vouchers #1 & #2 change his address? I believe the IRS sends out fresh 1040-ES forms when it detects a COA.
        Roland Slugg
        "I do what I can."

Comment

No, neither has changed address. In fact the first one was ME and I have been at this
          address for 40 years.

Comment

I received a call from an employer who advised that a number of their employees just
            received a 2007 ES package which is NOT needed or required.

Comment

ES-package

I don't want to shock anyone, but the IRS has been known to commit...er...mistakes.

Comment

Working...
              X