QF Called

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QF Called

I rec'd a phone call from QF asking me if I was going to re-order this year. I told them I didn't order from them last year because of all the errors in their book. I completed the call telling them that I did order TTB this year. Their response was minimal but you could feel the caller's disappointment. I wonder how many customers are not returning to QF that prompted such a call?
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

no call yet

I have not received a call yet, but I did not reorder QF this year. Too many updates and cut and paste to have to do last year.

I was very dissapointed and didn't trust using the book like I had for several years in the past. QF was my tax bible for years, but not anymore.

Comment

Intelligent Decision

I am a long time user of QF, and I ordered it again, along with TTB. I feel I cannot make an intelligent decision on whether to switch or not until I go through one tax season with both books side by side. Happy Research!!!!

Comment

Dilemma

In fairness to the "updates" boondoggle last year, remember last year's QF editors are the new TTB editors!

And in fairness to EVERYONE with respect to updates, the publicist is on the horns of a dilemma. They can wait on the IRS and virtually eliminate all updates, and the reader won't have to put up with them and that would be SOOOO NICE!!! However, you wouldn't receive your book until around the middle of March.

The other side of the dilemma is the ultra-early mailing date. The directors of the publication, regardless of which publication, can mail REAL QUICK (like Thanksgiving), and leave out literally hundreds of pieces of information and last minute revisions, many by the IRS. By the time tax season gets here, you would need a whole new book.

So remember we can't have ALL the toys, and the publishers are confronted with this dilemma as to how to balance these nuisance updates versus timely delivery dates. The Tax Book, QuickFinder, and all publications serving our industry are faced with the same problem.

Comment

Same Problem..

If and when we get either an internet or local computer version of TTB, they will all have the same problem. This is why there is a strong need to get away from a printed version of research books. I would purchase both print and locally installed program of the TTB.

A locally installed TTB should be able to receive updates or corrections via the internet. The updates should go right to the text, not just give us an update page like the printed version does.

Someone on QF board mentioned that QF is coming out with an internet version?????
          This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Originally posted by John of PA
            I am a long time user of QF, and I ordered it again, along with TTB. I feel I cannot make an intelligent decision on whether to switch or not until I go through one tax season with both books side by side. Happy Research!!!!

I went ahead and switched without comparing. However, when I switched from Intuit's tax program, I bought both programs to evaluate whether the new program would work satisfactorily.

Comment

QF Called?--The didn't call me!

They haven't called me yet, but I get a lot of mail from them.

I got to wondering why so many QF contributors quit QF and started The Tax Book. Then I noticed that they all live in Minnesota where QF used to be. PPC is located in Ft Worth, TX and most former contributers did not want to relocate and abandon their tax practices in Minnesota, so they started the Tax Book.

If you liked the QF book, you will be using a book by the same authors. The new QF authors must be from the PPC staff. I think either book would be OK, but I wanted to give the new book an evaluation this year. I don't think I'll be taking any big risk. I also have the CCH Master Tax Guide for 2006--which I used for my online CPE.

Comment

Joe @#@ff%@

Joe, there is a history behind the authors' decision which goes far beyond relocating to Texas. I'm not the appropriate person to present you with all the details, but you do need to know that the QF was privately owned until 2003 prior to being purchased by a huge publishing corporation, and it was THIS change (and what came with it) that was the catalyst - not from any desire on part of the authors.

Ron J.

Comment

Working...
                X