Efile failures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Efile failures

I shudder to think where this thread will likely go, but here goes anyway. Is anybody else having this particular problem with any particular tax software? Tax returns that you think have been accepted before April 15th, you now find out were really rejected, the client now owes substantial fees and penalties? Naturally, the client looks to you for assistance. I shall not reveal the name of my software at this point.

Originally posted by Holland View Post
    I shudder to think where this thread will likely go, but here goes anyway. Is anybody else having this particular problem with any particular tax software? Tax returns that you think have been accepted before April 15th, you now find out were really rejected, the client now owes substantial fees and penalties? Naturally, the client looks to you for assistance. I shall not reveal the name of my software at this point.

No problem here... using CS Ultra tax
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Did you get a confirmation number?

We filed 3 years at once during the tax season. Taxpayer owed a small amount each year. 2004 was processed fine. The payments were posted to the correct years on the other two but the 2005 return was processed as a 2006 return. The e-filed 2006 return, which was acknowledged, went who knows where. Meanwhile they are requesting the 2005 return. I submitted a reply though e-services and got a message back to just wait a couple of weeks.

I would say if you can print off the confirmation and send it with the notice you should get the penalty abated.
      In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
      Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

me shudder too

>>Tax returns that you think have been accepted before April 15th, you now find out were really rejected<<

How could you think a return was accepted unless you had an ACK? And what penalties are being assessed -- you mean the check that was mailed separately wasn't received either? And what are the "substantial fees"? Your post makes me shudder too.

Comment

Working...
        X