No announcement yet.

Sell More Tax Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what I mean by a muddy situation. HRB published their Uniform Definition of a Child symposium and had this to say:

"If an individual meets the member of household test for a qualifying relative because he or she lived in the household all year, that individual does not qualify the taxpayer for head of household filing status. Importance is placed on a family member. An individual who is not family but meets the 5 tests above is still a qualifying relative for dependency and child care credit."

Pub. 501, page 8 is also relevant. ( I think)

Head of household status is going to be a lot different for a lot of taxpayers this season.
    Last edited by Don B; 12-31-2005, 10:49 PM. Reason: Added comment.

Comment

QF vs TB

I have used the Quickfinder (both 1040 & Business editions) for many years. I decided to try the Tax Book (deluxe edition) this year and am, thus far, quite pleased with it and like it better than the QF products. Just my $0.02 worth.

Comment

The tax book

Remember you get what you pay for. I have no problems about pay the price that was asked. I learned a long time ago, that if I wanted to increase my income, I needed to invest in it. I have received my TaxBooks (I bought 4 and one state book) and really like it. I also expected to like it since I was buying Quickfind when these same people were publishing it. In my office, no one can remove the TaxBook or the Quickfinders (from previous years), so if they want to study it, they have to buy their own. One year two of my books just got up and walked out of the office and did not find their way back home.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandytax
          Remember you get what you pay for. I have no problems about pay the price that was asked. I learned a long time ago, that if I wanted to increase my income, I needed to invest in it. I have received my TaxBooks (I bought 4 and one state book) and really like it. I also expected to like it since I was buying Quickfind when these same people were publishing it. In my office, no one can remove the TaxBook or the Quickfinders (from previous years), so if they want to study it, they have to buy their own. One year two of my books just got up and walked out of the office and did not find their way back home.
          I heard they were working on invisible fencing for TTB. You try to leave the office with your co-workers TB and get zapped.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Btfsplk
            I would like to get a free copy too, but it would not be realistic for the Tax Book to hand out the book free. I did not use a price comparison to decide. If you are going to do taxes, you need a quick way to find answers. Sometimes a quick answer won't cover it, but over 90% of the time it does, and it saves you a lot of time and hassle and gives you more time to research the more complicated situations.

Even the IRS won't provide a free Package X any more.
            Quickfinder now offers a "package X" of their own for, like, $8.

Comment

Working...
            X