Look at that age (Seniors again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look at that age (Seniors again)

Age 3: She looks at herself and sees a Queen.

Age 8: She looks at herself and sees Cinderella.

Age 15: She looks at herself and sees an Ugly Sister (Mom I can’t go to school looking like this!)

Age 20: She looks at herself and sees “too fat/too thin, too short/too tall, too straight/too curly” – but decides she’s going out anyway.

Age 30: She looks at herself and sees “too fat/too thin, too short/too tall, too straight/too curly” – but decides she doesn’t have time to fix it, so she’s going out anyway.

Age 40: She looks at herself and sees “too fat/too thin, too short/too tall, too straight/too curly” – but says, “At least, I am “clean” and goes out anyway.

Age 50: She looks at herself and sees “I am” and goes wherever she wants to go.

Age 60: She looks at herself and reminds herself of all the people who can’t even see themselves in the mirror anymore. Goes out and conquers the world.

Age 70: She looks at herself and sees wisdom, laughter and ability, goes out and enjoys life.

Age 80: Doesn’t bother to look. Just puts on a purple hat and goes out to have fun with the world.

Maybe we should all grab that purple hat earlier and let the mirror go.

!!!!

Gabriele,

Wonderful! That about sums it up! Thanks for sharing it.

Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriele
      Age 80: Doesn’t bother to look. Just puts on a purple hat and goes out to have fun with the world.

Maybe we should all grab that purple hat earlier and let the mirror go.

On Sunday, our home was included in the "Holly Trail" tour that is put on each Christmas by the United Way. People pay $5.00 to tour a group of homes in the community - all money raised benefits the United Way. Around here, we have a group of senior ladies who call themselves the "red hatters". They were out in full force for the tour. About an hour after the tour started, a group of 20-25 came blowing through the house - just laughing and having a great old time. I just hope when I get their age, I will have the same spunk and zest they did.

Comment

Originally posted by KBTS
        On Sunday, our home was included in the "Holly Trail" tour that is put on each Christmas by the United Way. People pay $5.00 to tour a group of homes in the community - all money raised benefits the United Way. Around here, we have a group of senior ladies who call themselves the "red hatters". They were out in full force for the tour. About an hour after the tour started, a group of 20-25 came blowing through the house - just laughing and having a great old time. I just hope when I get their age, I will have the same spunk and zest they did.

You get more spunk & zest as you go down the road of life. Enjoy!! I did and am.

Comment

Working...
        X