Ultra Tax Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultra Tax Users

Any comments on how it worked this past season?

How was support?

How was e-filing?
    Last edited by Jiggers; 04-27-2007, 01:01 PM.
    Jiggers, EA

CSUltra Tax

I have used Ultra Tax for several years and have been very satified with the program. I also use File Cabinet; Fixed Asset; Client Bookkeeping; and CS Accounting. I really appreciate how all of these programs integrate. As for support there is a great help attached to the program, or you can get online, or you can telephone to talk to a live person. I have rarely had to call support but if I do there is always an answer, if the issue is really complex you can e-mail the file to them to look at and they can tell you how to fix it, or fix it for you.

The e-file is excellent rarely had a problem except occaionally had a duplicate DCN which would cause a reject but then I would change the DCN and it would go through. I need to discuss the DCN problem with them, do not understand how that happened.

Comment

Ultra tax

The season went great, just like last year and the year before and the year before and so on and so on. If you try to compare prices to ATX or several other low end programs, you will have sticker shock.

I also use just about all of their intergrated modules, which makes quick work of any project. In order to use their products you need to come to the realization that "high end" has its productvity benefits and that much can be accomplished with fewer employees, both professional and clerical, making their products Very Cost Efficient. Many years ago I had a staff of 3-1/2, Now it is just 1-1/2. I am doing more volumn now than before and have more free time.

I never had a problem with DCN because I only do efile on one computer. If you use more than one computer you have to set the DNC range on each computer so they don't conflict. If you are using one computer, there is an auto assign DCN feature, as I recall.

I just reviewed their renewal schedule and it looks like there is a $75 increase per program.

If you are just talking about tax programs only and you have no accounting clients, there is less benefit in the productivity area using UT. CS is best at intregation of a full accounting office. Would I discount UT if I only did tax return? No! Their auto creation of forms as needed makes quick work of any project.
      Last edited by BOB W; 04-27-2007, 08:00 AM.
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Ultra Tax Users

I'm an Ultra Tax user - have used it for 4 seasons - and will renew for a 5th shortly.
        I'm very satisfied with it, have learned to navigate through the program very easily-still learning new applications each year.
        The one benefit I'm most appreciative of is their tech support - it is A+++. I have NEVER been disappointed. That is the primary reason I insist on continuing with them. I don't use their other products/services. I learned from the last time - when I was a MicroVision Tax Relief user - that sold out to CSI's Ultra Tax - that you stick with one of the larger companies - because eventually the smaller ones will be bought out, and you'll have to start a learning curve all over again, and in the end - you won't save much money, but waste more time and energy in conversions than it's worth.
        Yes, I e-file. Only had 2 rejects this tax season - 1 was my fault - the other -the tech support people walked me through.
        Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

Just got done

trying it out. It is a very good program, but a little pricey for me. I would think it might right up a LaCerte users ally though, it would actally save them a few bucks. I have been with intuit for the past 5 years or so and that hasn't dissappointed me at all. I agree with Uncle Sam though hooking in with a large company is a good idea. Less chance of having to change software.

Comment

First .....

.... First year sign-on is higher than renewal rate. Be sure to consider a long term relationship with UT.

1040 + 1 STATE RENEWAL IS 2,178

For me it costs about 10-12 tax returns out of 450.
            Last edited by BOB W; 04-27-2007, 08:52 PM.
            This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Working...
            X