TaxWise Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TaxWise Users

Any comments on how it worked this past season?

How was support?

How was e-filing?
    Last edited by Jiggers; 04-27-2007, 01:01 PM.
    Jiggers, EA

taxwise

Jiggers,

What issues are you having with Drake? I made a few comments about Drake to my partner and she didn't share some the same concerns I had.

If you would rather email direct use jspadaea@aol.com

Comment

TaxWise

In addition to my own practice, I am an instructor and preparer in the AARP TCE program. TCE uses TaxWise nationwide; I have about five years experience with the software. It is a solid product, both on the Federal and (NY) state level. We had no problems locally.

TaxWise is forms oriented and supports all common forms. It has a EIN and zip-code database to facilitate data entry. Good diagnostics. Data transfer from federal to state is better than many competitive programs. The only annoying missing feature is the lack of built in tables for the sales tax deduction - you have to manually enter the data from the tables in Schedule A.

Having used both Drake and TaxWise, I prefer TaxWise because it is forms oriented.

Comment

I'm with

my colleague, Don Priebe, regarding Taxwise.

Been a user since 1996 and chose it mainly because IRS used it (and still do in their
        VITA program).

Since then each year keeps getting better and better with enhancements, new features and
        no price increases. With rollover of information I can get a former client with schedule a
        deductions (he's used MY worksheet of course) and two state returns in and out with
        form 8379 (8879? never can remember that efile form) signed within 20 minutes. But then
        we tend to exchange pleasant conversation both before and after, also.
        Anyway, client writes me my check, I enter RTN and account number in program while
        he's there (to avoid youknowwhat kind of mistakes). He then gets to press the
        Staples "EASY" button on my desk (That was easy!), and then before he's out the door,
        I've pressed my EASY button and his return is in either Philadelphia or Austin before
        he's out in his car.

It don't get no easier than this.
        Sometimes I get ashamed to charge so much.
        then I get over it and smile.
        ChEAr$,
        Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

I've used taxwise for over 10 years. I like it alot and have just had a few things come up that I didn't like. K-1s and Section 179 deductions was one. Then I called customer service once and the person was no help at all. Had a better experience this tax seaon with customer service. I am going to take look at TaxSlayer just for comparsions sake. I know one thing and I have mentioned this before..... Taxwise reps are turning into pests. They have called me three times this week and emailed me again. In addition to previous weeks calls and emails. The last guy that called acted like he was miffed because I would not call him back I've got to finish out this quarter and then I may renew with them after I have had a chance to look over TaxSlayer. I think this is the first season they have called me so much.

Comment

Remember TaxWise was sold this season.

CCH bought both TaxWise and ATX this season. They are both targeted at the smaller preparer. I would anticipate a merged product within a few years.

Comment

I have used TAX WISE since the early 90's. I adore this software. I can't tell you anything about customer service, cause I didn't have to call them this year. I use their knowledge base on the support site if I have a question, and have been lucky enough to find my answer there each time. You can also email them questions, and when I used this last year, I always got my answer within a day...

Comment

Taxwise

Originally posted by DonPriebe View Post
                CCH bought both TaxWise and ATX this season. They are both targeted at the smaller preparer. I would anticipate a merged product within a few years.
                was actually bought out by CCH two years ago, so this was the second year under the
                CCH aegis.

But I noticed absolutely no difference in the excellent service. Plus, I might add, the
                renewal rate actually decreased after CCH bought the company.
                About 200$ or so lower.
                ChEAr$,
                Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

October 11, 2006

[TaxWise] was actually bought out by CCH two years ago, so this was the second year under the CCH aegis.
                  October 11, 2006

Comment

Working...
                  X