IRS Electronic Payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS Electronic Payment

I had my electronic payment for my tax liability entered for 4-15-2007 and so far nothing. Do I need to worry about this? or contact the IRS about payment?

Originally posted by Chief View Post
    I had my electronic payment for my tax liability entered for 4-15-2007 and so far nothing. Do I need to worry about this? or contact the IRS about payment?
    Chief> I would say Yes. I did a client on the 16th and the money was withdrawn on the 17th.

I'm still waiting for about 12 NYS Acks, one of them is a direct withdrawal of $25,000. Since the return was filed timely, I'm hoping it is not a problem.......................
    Last edited by BOB W; 04-19-2007, 07:48 AM.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Electronic Payment

In checking I found that I did not enter the routing number or checking a ccount number for the electronic payment. I had assumed the information that was already in my software for direct deposit would automactically be entering for electronic payments. Glad it was my own personal return and not one of my clients. I pust for payments this way since it is so convenient. I mailed a check to IRS for the amount with an explanation.

Comment

With my clients, I always check the client instruction print out page to see if it matches what I intended to happen. On occasion it didn't and I search the reason, then fix.

But it is so easy to mess up on our own return>>>>>>>>>>>
        This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Thankyou, Bob

You make me fee better. If I were at Long Island, I'd be covered by the storm. Hope you didn't experience too much bad weather from the northeastener.

Comment

It is easier for any of us to mess up

our own return than the return of a client. However, I think that in this case your software bears the brunt of the blame. Orrtax won't let a balance due return be e-filed until it is told how the debt is to be paid. I assume that as is the case for direct deposit, direct debit requires the numbers be present and conform to all the relevant rules. To me that just seems like minimally competent software and not anything special. But then I think it is absolutely inexcusable that if I want to make a Social Security Lump Sum Election I have to print the worksheets, fill them out by hand, and override the program's calculation.

Comment

Working...
            X