Extension and Installment agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extension and Installment agreement

I'm filing an extension for a client and an installment agreement, she owes over $3,000, and only earned $27,000, and she wants to make the first payment with a credit card on the web, is this possible? I've been looking over irs.gov and can't find this type of situation covered.

I don't know why she won't file estimates, I bet she doesn't even know she paid a penalty for that last year, it's included in her "copy" of the return she got from JH, which isn't a copy of the return at all, but a summary, she says that's all they gave her.

Check this out, the guy at JH told her he was taking her goodwill donations as advertising, because she's an independent contractor, but she doesn't itemize, and he felt since she was doing something good by donating stuff to goodwill, he was helping her out too. We will be discussing amending (I don't think she'll go for it) after I file 2006.

Thanks for your help!
    Daisy

Taxes due

I hace one client that is trying the same thing with running the credit card on an installment. I do not know if it worked but that is what he did. Same thing I saw with JH from others this year just a summary no actual return unbeliveable that they get away with that stuff.

Girard

Comment

Installment with credit card

Originally posted by Girard Van De Lay View Post
      I hace one client that is trying the same thing with running the credit card on an installment. I do not know if it worked but that is what he did. Same thing I saw with JH from others this year just a summary no actual return unbeliveable that they get away with that stuff.

Girard

Do you know how your client did it? The 9465 (Installment agreement) only has space for bank info, not credit card info. Where was the credit card info entered? Or did your client file the Installment Agreement on the irs.gov website?

I would think you are supposed to give your client a regular copy of the return after it's filed, for their records, aren't you? I wouldn't even think of not doing so.

daisy

Comment

Good Question

But can you request an installment agreement on an extension form 4868. doesn't the Installment Agreement have to be requested aftr the tax return is filed?

Here is the IRS link to Installment Agreements http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/...108347,00.html at the top it states that the taxpayer can not ask for an installment agreement until the taxpayer has filed the "required" returns.

Sandy

Comment

Payment options including credit card. www.pay1040.com

Jade!!

Comment

Working...
          X