Action against JH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Action against JH

When I walked in this afternoon, Callie told me she had been watching TV and the "penalty" on Jackson Hewitt was that the government was going to forbid them to issue 24-hour refunds for a period of one year. I haven't heard this on the news yet.

But I can't imagine this to be true. Maybe just the franchises involved? A one-year moratorium on instant refunds will put them out of business, considering their targeted market.

Anyone else heard anything more reliable?

[QUOTE=Snaggletooth;36434]When I walked in this afternoon, Callie told me she had been watching TV and the "penalty" on Jackson Hewitt was that the government was going to forbid them to issue 24-hour refunds for a period of one year. I haven't heard this on the news yet.

What is the penalty for? I had not heard any news about this until I read this post.

Bonnie

Comment

Read the Thread

Bonnie, I've found the thread that discussed this nationwide story and resurrected it.

Regards, Ron J.

Comment

Originally posted by Snaggletooth View Post
        When I walked in this afternoon, Callie told me she had been watching TV and the "penalty" on Jackson Hewitt was that the government was going to forbid them to issue 24-hour refunds for a period of one year.
        Anyone else heard anything more reliable?
        Snaggletooth, Who could be more reliable then Callie.

Comment

Reliability is Suspect

at every chain-link of information passage. I filter out much of what Callie tells me and sometimes this gets me in big trouble. Callie also listens to news with less than 100% attention and tunes in only when something catches her ear. And of course, if you can't believe the TV news, who else is there??

In this case, the judgment against JH appears improbable. I wonder if any of you other than Callie was awake...

Comment

Working...
          X