Cheap accounting software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap accounting software?

Client is selling real estate and acting as a contractor in real estate rehabs. I'm doing his taxes and his record keeping is - pathetic? I guess that's the word for it. Anyone know of a cheap or even free accounting software package this guy could use to track his revenue and expenses?

I could do the accounting for him but I don't think I could deal with the way he runs his business.

Client doing bookkeeping???

Originally posted by Roberts View Post
    Client is selling real estate and acting as a contractor in real estate rehabs. I'm doing his taxes and his record keeping is - pathetic? I guess that's the word for it. Anyone know of a cheap or even free accounting software package this guy could use to track his revenue and expenses?

I could do the accounting for him but I don't think I could deal with the way he runs his business.
    If his recordkeeping is pathetic, why do you think that keeping his records on the computer with a cheap accounting software will be any better?

I have had many clients who think that just because their records are now on the computer that they are perfect.

Remember GIGO! "Garbage in, garbage out"!
    Jiggers, EA

Comment

Jiggers is right on this. If he is that bad now, software will not help. In fact, it will probably just make it worse and then you will get the blame for suggesting the software. Maybe you could start by having him use something like a Dome Book and work his way up from there.

Comment

Had A guy

once that used QB, figured everything was perfect. I open up his records on my computer and what do think? All of his COGS was double enter he put in COGS when he ordered the parts and put 'em again when he sold them. I think I ended up trashing all of his records and starting from the ground floor. I think I would rather get all the invoices and bank statements and do it myself. I'm capable of making my own mess.

Comment

Maybe I'll just buy him a file folder and tell him to file his bills and receipts and we'll work through them each year. He's only 23 so I suspect he will take it more seriously in the future at some point. Last year he rehabbed one house and this year he is already got the third one up for sale. He better get control of things before it gets WAY to far out of control.

Comment

Easy to use accounting software

Dome Software is very easy to use. The cost is low. It's a single entry system and the accounts are already setup. Might be a good recommendation.

Comment

Working...
            X