Tree Farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tree Farm

A gentleman wants to "farm" pine trees, taking depreciation on the trees and upkeep expenses. He can't do this, can he? Also, I have been searching for the asset classification charts on the IRS site, and found one in Pub 225 for farmers. I know that I have previously seen a more complete one somewhere. Does anybody know where to find it?

Just when you think you've heard them all....

Originally posted by rjholmes View Post
    A gentleman wants to "farm" pine trees, taking depreciation on the trees and upkeep expenses. He can't do this, can he? Also, I have been searching for the asset classification charts on the IRS site, and found one in Pub 225 for farmers. I know that I have previously seen a more complete one somewhere. Does anybody know where to find it?
    Depreciate pine trees? If he's raising them to sell (pulpwood or lumber) no depreciation.
    But now that I think about it, I wonder how such pines are treated if "farmed" for
    tupentine products, like down in Waycross Georgia?

But the usual tree farm, trees are grown for eventual harvesting.
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Interesting

He can't depreciate the "farm" land. The trees in question would then be his inventory, I suppose, which you still can't dereciate.

Jade!!

Comment

Nobody

Originally posted by Jade06 View Post
        He can't depreciate the "farm" land. The trees in question would then be his inventory, I suppose, which you still can't dereciate.

Jade!!
        said anything about "dereciating" land, which we all know is.........

Inventory? I think not.
        ChEAr$,
        Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Working...
        X