Ohio....first return...need to inquire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ohio....first return...need to inquire

I have a client that moved into Ohio this year. She moved a little ahead her family and lived with a friend while working in Ohio and her family stayed behind in Michigan until September of 2006. Does she need to pay Ohio Income Tax, Toldeo, Perryburg and (my real question) School District Tax? I can't see where any School District Tax was withheld on her W-2. I do see Toledo-ALT and Perrysburg withholding. Please advise me. I need to get this sent out to her since she owes about $900 on the School District Tax from what I have figured.

Thanks......

Any Ohio people out here?

I was hoping for some information on the proper forms to be filed with Ohio under these circumstances.... Anyone else have an idea if I have the correct forms prepared?

Thanks....

Comment

Here is a link to the Ohio instructions. <http://tax.ohio.gov/documents/forms/ohio_individual/individual/2006/PIT_IT1040Instructions.pdf>
      You need to know in which county she resides and whether she lives in an area that does have a School District Tax. That goes by address. Here is a good link to narrow that down. <http://tax.ohio.gov/online_services/thefinder.stm>

For Ohio, be sure to use Form 2023 to allocate Ohio income vs other state income.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks....

Thanks Margaret. I will do some additional checking with the client and also see about going out that website.... Thanks for taking time to help.

Comment

ohio

go to'www.tax.ohio.gov,click on 'the finder,click on 'Tax district summary,under Lookup Tax rate ,click on Address,put the clients address in and it will tell you if there is a school,city etc.tax

Comment

Working...
          X