t4 statement of renumeration-canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

t4 statement of renumeration-canada

US resident receives regular w2 but also receives a t4 from the canadian branch of same employer for 2000. canadian $?
    Anyone know if & how I convert that amount and I assume I add that amount to his w2 wages.
    Any info would be helpful, thanks folks.

Canadian income

I have taken the conversion ration as of Jan. 1, July 1, and Dec. 31. Average these three
    then apply it to the Canadian Dollar Amount.
    Do a Google search for Canadian $ conversion to U S $.
    This would apply to any Canadian Withholding also.
    This would be considered a W-2.

Comment

Currency Converter

I have found this link to be helpful for currency conversion http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic

Sandy

Comment

And remember when you are done converting and look at the two numbers the bigger number is Canadian and the smaller number is US because it is worth more. ( I always get these backwards when converting.)
        JG

Comment

Originally posted by JG EA View Post
          And remember when you are done converting and look at the two numbers the bigger number is Canadian and the smaller number is US because it is worth more. ( I always get these backwards when converting.)
          Usually, but not always.

Comment

A couple other currency converters

Free foreign exchange rates and tools including a currency conversion calculator, historical rates and graphs, and a monthly exchange rate average.

If you select the currencies in "Graph" and select "2007 monthly average", the next page will allow you to convert monthly averages for the last 12 years.

Allows you to type in a range of dates and it will publish a daily table for those dates as well as give you the average price for that date range (though the average includes weekends & holidays).

Not as good for getting a range of data:

"Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society." ~ Mark Skousen

Comment

Working...
            X