Same auto used in more than one Sch C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same auto used in more than one Sch C

Client conducted two ongoing businesses during the year. He used the same auto for both businesses and kept 2 separate business mileage logs. There is a separate Form 4562 for each Sch C. What is the proper way to complete the mileage info on lines 30 thru 33 of each Form 4562?

Since it is the same auto, does line 33 for total miles driven have to be the same on both copies of 4562? If so, does it mean the business miles for one business are reported as personal miles on the other? Sounds strange, but it appears to be the only way for lines 30 thru 32 to produce the same total on line 33 for both copies of 4562.

Let's say client drove a total of 10K miles on the same auto -- 4K for business A, 3K for business B, 2K for commuting and 1K for other personal. Could someone please show me how to report these miles on each Sch C's related 4562? Thanks!!

yes you think too much lol

Pull up one sch C go to the schedule you use to put in the vehicle. Pretend that this is the only business he has and the only vehicle.

Put in your numbers for that business only.

total miles driven

commute miles

business miles for that business

balance is personal miles

Then pull up the next sch c and repeat above.

Marge Powell
    Denison, Ia
    Are we done yet?

Comment

Agree with Marge

Yes, the business miles for Business B would be considered part of personal miles for business A and vice versa. Does sound strange, but you are only considering the business miles for the business you are reporting on that particular schedule C.

Linda F

Comment

Thank you

I'm new to this board and really appreciate the help I get. Next time I catch myself over-analyzing an issue, I'll know where to go for input! Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
        X