LLCs filing as a partnerships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LLCs filing as a partnerships

How do you get the bottom line when an LLC has a small investment in another LLC which has an investment in the first LLC. The partnership investment percentage is about 3%. If you have to do a simultaneous equation I do not think that should be part of a tax practice.??!!!

Cash basis or accrual basis?

Comment

Accrual but

I do not think that makes a difference. 2006 K-1 is picked up on the return no matter if you are cash or accrual.

Comment

Originally posted by JON View Post
        How do you get the bottom line when an LLC has a small investment in another LLC which has an investment in the first LLC. The partnership investment percentage is about 3%. If you have to do a simultaneous equation I do not think that should be part of a tax practice.??!!!
        I don't think it is that complicated. The first LLC would give the second LLC a K-1 which would be part of the second LLC's income and they would give the third LLC a K-1 based on LLC # 3's percent of LLC # 2. You would not need to multiply percentages or calculate the indirect interest in LLC # 1.

Comment

LLC #1 OWNs

a percentage of LLC #2 and LLC #2 owns a percentage of LLC #1. Which one gives the first K-1???

Comment

Working...
          X