Clergy Payroll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clergy Payroll

I currently use Creative Solutions Payroll for just two clients and find the software cumbersome and like driving a lumber wagon. It gets the job done well, but takes three times as long as my Quickbooks. I'm going to leave Creative Solutions accounting but stay with their tax product.

Does Quickbooks handle Clergy payroll with the box 14 housing and auto etc well? I tried to set up housing allowance in Quickbooks and did not find anything to make it easy.

Would Peach tree be a better choice?

Thanks!

Quickbooks and Clergy

Set up is the Key.
    Quickbooks can handle only one salary item per employee. The trick is to add the housing and auto allowance as "other" additions and it will go to box 14 on the w2.

You will also need to code each employee exempt from unemployment federal and state. You can also mark the actual clergy as not subject to withholding for federal and or social security depending on how your Church operates. Clergy is tricky so be sure the reports come out as you desire.

Good luck. QB can do it for a reasonable fee.

Bjorn

Comment

Payroll

Download free payroll: http://www.medlin.com/
      Give it a try, it is fully functional, if it works for you it's only $45.00 per year renewal fee.

Better add that I have no interest in this program, this is information only.
      Last edited by RLymanC; 11-27-2005, 02:42 PM. Reason: Clarification
      Confucius say:
      He who sits on tack is better off.

Comment

Working...
      X