Foreign earned income credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreign earned income credit

I am working on a return with the foreign earned income credit. Taxpayer was in Kuwait most of the year. He has worked there for over 2 years so fits the physical presence test. He came home on vacation for 25 days in May then went back until the end of Oct. Came back to US end of Oct and stayed here until Feb 2007 then went back to work. My question has to do with figuring his days in Kuwait for 2006, do I include the 25 days he was home on vacation in May when figuring his days in country since they were just a temporary leave? If I include them he was in Kuwait for 304 days, if not then only 279. It changes the % of total credit he is entitled to.

Thanks for any help

Bnnie

Are you referring to the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion that is reflected on Form 2555?

Or are you referring to the Foreign Tax Credit that is reflected on Form 1116?

Or are you referring to something else?

I have never heard of anything called the "Foreign Earned Income Credit."

Burton
    Burton M. Koss
    koss@usakoss.net

Comment

Originally posted by Koss View Post
      Are you referring to the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion that is reflected on Form 2555?

Or are you referring to the Foreign Tax Credit that is reflected on Form 1116?

Or are you referring to something else?

I have never heard of anything called the "Foreign Earned Income Credit."

Burton

I am sorry, yes the foreign earned income exclusion on 2555

Comment

Working...
      X