Irs Irs Irs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oldies but Goldies

Ah, yes, remember Tommy Dorsey and all of them. Another one was Al Jolson singing
    "Swanee, how I love ya, how I love ya, my dear old Swanee." Had a ring I won that would
    shine a light that you could see only by looking directly at the ring. Secret code ring.
    And then there was the Great Gildersleeve, and Henry Aldrich.
    We did not have TV trays. We all ate at the dinner table. Had a long bench to sit on.
    Was the youngest of 8 children. I had to sit on the end of the table. My brothers sitting
    next to me kept knocking me off the end.
    This was all back in the great depression days.

Comment

Bird

You're not avoiding the question, are you? What about those "Texas turkeys"?

Comment

Black Bart

You are so right. Now you get a big drum, pour in about 5 gallons of peanut oil, heat to
        about 350degrees. Drop your turkey in, after you have injected it with 1 bottle of liquid garlic juice, one bottle of tiger sauce, one bottle of cajun sunshine sauce and 2 tablespoons of red pepper.
        Just be sure you do this about 50 yards from the house.
        Did not go out and shoot me a wild turkey this year. My eyesight is not that strong and
        my old bones are getting too brittle. Also you never know what kind of animal you will
        find roaming out there in the hills. Why right in the middle of town there are peacocks
        & Wolves. Also a lot of people are complaining about the deer population. Eating up
        their flowers.

There is a lot of Cajun cooking going on in Tx right now. Of course, that deep East Tx
        has always been considered the beginning of Louisiana anyway because of the Piney woods over there.
        Texas still has a lot of refugees from Louisiana residing here. Several new restaurants
        have opened up featuring Cajun Cooking.
        Last edited by Bird Legs; 11-27-2005, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X