Exchange student hosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exchange student hosting

Has anyone heard of a tax credit or deduction for being a host to an foreign exchange student?
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

The only thing I have heard is that the cost of hosting the student or maybe just the money actually spend could be a charitable donation if the hosting programm is through a non-profit organization.

Just comes to mind that it will benefit a certain student, which could make the deduction ineligble but then the hosting parents didn't make this choice.

Comment

There is a charitable deduction for hosting a foreign exchange student. It's not much. See IRS Pub. 17, ch. 24 - contributions under Expenses Paid for Student Living With You. It was $50/mo last year.

Comment

I want to.........

....... thank you all of your quick responses. The client was in my office when I posted and was impressed by those who responded. I knew there was something but I couldn't put my finger on it. My search didn't bring up anything....????? Go figure......
        This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Working...
        X