Vendor sold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vendor sold?

I received a letter from a vendor of mine stating that they are now an Independent subsidiary of a large corporation.

What does this mean? I assume they have been purchased or contracted by this corporation. Are they now under control of this corporation?

Can someone explain this to me and how it will affect me?

Thank you,
    Dennis

Do you mean TaxWorks?

If you are referring to TaxWorks and Block, I wonder the same thing. Only time will tell.
    John

Comment

ArkWorks

Do any of you use ArkWorks? Maybe that is what Block wanted.

Comment

Yes,

I am referring to TaxWorks. No, I don't use ArkWorks.

By the time we would see any change for the worse, it'll be too late. Probably, time to return to Lacerte and stay there!

Dennis

Comment

terms

Originally posted by DTS View Post
          I received a letter from a vendor of mine stating that they are now an Independent subsidiary of a large corporation.
          "Independent subsidiary". Now there's an oxymoron.
          ChEAr$,
          Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
            "Independent subsidiary". Now there's an oxymoron.
            Leave it to H & R.

Comment

You're right

That's what I thought upon further research on the term!

Dennis

Comment

Your Take

So what is your take on this!

I can't believe that they sent notices out during Tax Time, guess they are looking for that renewal $$ in May, 07.

Sandy

Comment

Just Signed on

I just signed on to Arkworks in Mid Feb, I really like it, but now I am just "bummed"! Going to probably call and ask for my $$ back.

Sandy

Comment

Lacerte

Lacerte is a wonderful Tax Software, just became too pricey about 3-4 years ago, so that is why I changed.

Don't know if I can absorb the extra cost on Lacerte, unless they will cut a deal for returns or "New" again.

Maybe Pro Series, any input on that software?? I demo'd in 2003 but was really liking it after Lacerte, but maybe an option now.

This is nonsense having to think about this and deal with right in the middle and height of filing tax returns, but those renewal notices will be coming in May and you never have much time to capture a "deal" seems like.

Sandy

Comment

Working...
                    X