Help on posting needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help on posting needed

On one of my computers, when I post to the board, I am unable to use the apostrophe for abreviating words. Use of it brings up a find screen. I am sure that I have a box either checked or unchecked somewhere, but cannot find it.

Any ideas?
    Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Posting

No, but I learned long ago not to use any of these in returns for efiling. Forget about being grammatically corect. That was hard for a former English teacher.
    Last edited by Chief; 02-25-2007, 04:35 PM.

Comment

While holdng down the "Alt" use the numeric keypad to enter 39 then release the "Alt" key.
      Last edited by gkaiseril; 02-25-2007, 07:24 PM. Reason: added instruction

Comment

Thanks for the info.

However, I am still curious as to why I have this on my machine at home, yet can use the apostrophe key on the computer at work. Same operating system but the problem machine has Intel while the one that works is AMD cpu. Otherwise, running the same programs, etc.
        I have noticed that if I am going to have a problem with something running incorrectly, it is always on the Intel machine. It may just be a problem with the Intel system of things.

LT
        Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Working...
        X