X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boy Friend & Girl Friend

Unmarried couple are the parents of a child
    All live in the same household.

Girl friend earned $2500.00 and filed single, claiming herself, did not claim the child as a dependent, but did take the EIC.

Mind is not working to well on this,,,,,Is the father shot down on HOH and dependent exemption? Looks like he has to file single and no dependent to me because it's all or nothing,,,,HELP.
    Confucius say:
    He who sits on tack is better off.

Originally posted by RLymanC View Post
    Unmarried couple are the parents of a child
    All live in the same household.

Girl friend earned $2500.00 and filed single, claiming herself, did not claim the child as a dependent, but did take the EIC.

Mind is not working to well on this,,,,,Is the father shot down on HOH and dependent exemption? Looks like he has to file single and no dependent to me because it's all or nothing,,,,HELP.
    How much did the dad make. If he provide more
    than 50% of the household then he should be HOH .

need more info
    Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
      How much did the dad make. If he provide more
      than 50% of the household then he should be HOH .

need more info
      If they lived in the same home all year long how are they going to split the deduction for one child? Isn't the divorced and separated rule for parents who do not live together?

Comment

Yep.

>>Isn't the divorced and separated rule for parents who do not live together?<<

Yep. It's another example of how our family-values politicians subsidize the breakup of families.

Comment

Family Values

I agree,,,Once had a couple that were going to marry on Dec. 31st......big mistake,,,they had 2 children each, they would have lost $7,000 in EIC. Married Jan. 1st,,,,we paid for their wedding.
          Confucius say:
          He who sits on tack is better off.

Comment

Working...
          X