Off-Topic: IE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off-Topic: IE

Can someone tell me why all my address history in IE appears sometimes and at other times just the last address visited is the only address that appears in the drop-down?

This has been acting up all week. One day, I'll do a drop-down to see which address I want to visit and only the last site I was previously on will appear. Maybe, tomorrow, I'll do the drop-down and my whole internet address history is there for the choosing.

If you know of a fix, I'd appreciate you sharing it with me.

Thanks,
    Dennis

Ie

Hope you are still on IE 6!

Tools - internet Options there is an area to mark your "history" and how long to keep it. I have mine set at 31 days.

You can go to help on IE and it provides you with how to uninstall and reinstall IE. You might have to do that if some files are damaged or corrupt.

Sandy
    Last edited by S T; 02-20-2007, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Ie6

Sandy,

I'm still on IE6. I have the update for IE7 disabled.

If I uninstall IE, I assume all my addresses will be lost until visited again? I will do this is needed, but what a pain. I discovered I can retrieve addresses if I type the first letter of an address, but the drop-down will not show all previous selections. Another pain!

Sorry, I'm just venting a little. I've been at this stupid computer and it's idiosyncrasies and gremlins all day.

Dennis

PS: I have my history marked for 999 days.
      Last edited by DTS; 02-20-2007, 10:17 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Dennis,

I would save the folder "Favorites" on the desktop and then copy it after reinstalling. That way you won't loose your bookmarks. Good luck.

Comment

Here's one possibility.

Does anyone else have access to you computer? If so, he (or she)
          could be visiting certain web site they dont' want you to know they're
          on and to prevent you seeing, goes in and erases the history before
          you're back from lunch.
          ChEAr$,
          Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Ie

Sandy, Gabriele and Chears,

Thanks to all three of you! Today, things are working like nothing ever happened (that pesky gremlin!).

I do have a couple of things in "favorites", but don't use that too much, just for special items, but may start. Also, I am the only one using my computer here, so no one clearing the history, but I thank you for the suggestion.

Anyway, I'll see how it holds up and if needed, will uninstall/install later.

Thanks, again.
            Dennis

Comment

Thank Goodness

Glad you are not experiencing anything today!

Sometimes clean disk, downloading updates, Adware, etc all help to clear out, and then the every day or two reboot!

Sandy

Comment

Working...
              X