Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HR Block Price Estimator

Just got this from another site...

Play with it and you can get some sense of pricing, though I suppose it's higher when you go in.

Beth

I appreciate you passing this along.

LT
    Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

So there is one price nationwide? I would have thought it would want a zip code and adjust the prices accordingly.

My son took their basic tax course last fall and the local office said tuition was $499, but he registered on-line for the class in that office and the tuition was only $199. Wierd.
      "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

Prices Differ

more than you might think with HRB.

For one thing, there are many franchise-owned HRB offices. You most likely will not find them in a big town like Detroit, but you will find several of them in towns the size of Grand Junction, CO and my home town, Manchester, TN. The last discussion I had was that the local franchisee can set fees as low as they care to. HRB doesn't like it if franchisee fees are low, but they love it when the local office fills out gobs of returns. HRB retains the right to jerk the franchise if the agreement is not followed, but as long as franchisee pays the HRB cut, they normally do not.

They are also in a very heated competitive struggle with TurboTax and Jackson-Hewitt. Their advertising campaigns, RALs, and other promotions ranging from Lottery tickets to IRAs have enabled them to increase prices dramatically in last 10-15 years, but there is a limit to what the market will bear. JH is beating their socks off in some communities, but in general this is not the case.

The office location matters as well - there are HRB offices in major chain stores, and in all manner of neighborhoods, although they tend to avoid slumlord areas and Snob Hill.

Comment

prices

So I priced my own returns, which include two state returns. 230$! rounded off.

I can't afford to have them do my returns. (grins)

looks like 80$ for the 1040 and 30$ for anything else.
          ChEAr$,
          Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Like the title says "Estimator". One can always ask the particular office for a price estimate in person or by phone. It has been noted that HRB also does not charge the client if they are dissatisfied with the results or service they receive. This does not mean the client gets a return for free, the are just not charged for the service and get no returns only their tax forms. I guess they have enough work and do not want to make the experience any worse then it already is.

Comment

Each H & R Block District set their own prices If you happen to fall close to the border of one district the price next door may be more or less in your district.

I worked for H & R for 17 years. One of their offices is in close proximity to mine.
              I use their formula to price returns which is on a form basis, however my prices are approx 80% of theirs. When ever a client is not satisfied with my price, I send him to H & R. Of course I suggest to him that if he cannot pay their prices he should come back and see me. Never lost a client that way. If they go to H & R with a dollar less they cannot get the return. At my office they get a break

brian
              Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                If they go to H & R with a dollar less they cannot get the return. At my office they get a break

brian
                Brian,

You lost me with this sentence about a dollar less.

LT
                Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Originally posted by thomtax View Post
                  Brian,

You lost me with this sentence about a dollar less.

LT
                  You cannot pay $99 for a tax return that they charge $100.
                  Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

If you check the site, it's for the on-line super program, not local offices.

Comment

HR Block Price Estimator

Don't kid yourselves...this is only the base price for each return and/or form. They also charge per line on every form! taxea
                      Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

What are other ways can they charge for the service?

Comment

Working...
                        X