Not a Tax question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a Tax question

Does anyone have Hughes.net Direc-Way Satelite Internet System. If so is it any good. Does it work. Thanks

Satelite

I have one on my roof that I gave up on several months before the 15 months required and paid double to get cable. Why? Although I would regularly lose service on cloudy days, there was a far moe important reason. They had, at that itme, a clause buried way deep in the fine print called the "Fair use policy" or some similar name. Although you got really fast downloads at first, once you exceeded a certain volume of download in a month, they slowed the transmission way, way, way down sloooooow. It got to be many times that it wasn't even as fast as dial up.

Be sure to read every word of the fine print and look for the "Fair use policy" or whatever the name of it is. Mine was about 3 years ago and they may not have it any longer. Ask them about how well it does on cloudy days as well.

The only reason we went with satelite to begin with was that cable was so high and DSL was not available. Now the cable rates in our area have come down to where they are just as cheap as satelite, if not cheaper.
    Lennox C. (Len) Boush, EA, FNTPI
    Heritage Income Tax Service, Inc.
    Portsmouth, VA

Comment

Working...
    X