Your experiences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Client Wrong

Had several Clients tell me the amounts where wrong "my friend said I'ld get 2000 EIC per kid" <they didn't make enough, on govt funding, etc>

Had 1 lady come in, she had 2 W2's and wanted her refund as a down on a car!
    after figuring everything up, too much income for EIC she had a balance due 300 to 400!
    She said "just take the small one out(would of got $1600) my friend said I had 3 years to file it" after a few minutes of trying to get her to understand I asked her to leave (still trying to figure out if she meant to do an Amended return before 3 year up, or file prior year income with a future year return!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I do not know how she finally filed, but I have my guess that whereever she went, only saw 1 W2!) but at least in 3 or 4 years when IRS calls I won't have her saying I told her to do it! Probly would be to her best if I called the IRS and reported her, so she wouldn't get so far into trouble down the line!

My best INVESTMENT Advice is not to invest anything that would financely kill you if you lost it!!(aka if you thru it out the window on the freeway) After meeting someone who lost $20,000 when Enron went under, I reconfirmed that this advice is well merritted! (his father lost $40,000)

And yes Wal-Mart Stock goes up and down all the time it is a long term stock, in short you will never get filthy rich off of it!!! But if you keep it long enough it'll go back up above the price you purchased it for (may take a few years/decades!)

THE BEST STOCK TO BUY is Can goods, and save them incase the weather gets extreamly nasty this winter! >big_Silly_Grin<

Comment

Originally posted by Scarecrow
      Maybe we need to come up with our own TB message board academy awards. We could have different categories, such as:

Best question of the year
      Best answer of the year
      Best supporting answer of the year
      Best follow up question of the year
      Best new member answer of the year
      Best special affects added to post of the year
      Most irritating client situation of the year
      Most commonly asked question of the year
      Most commonly asked question ignored of the year
      Most emotionally charged response of the year

I’m sure there are other categories.

We would have to hold our ceremony sometime during the fall sweeps. Maybe get a TV network to broadcast it.
      How about,

Most off the wall post?

Comment

Good Sayings

You've put out some good advice. Here's one which I (and JG) appreciated.

Originally posted by jainen

engagement letters. Mine says "I do not provide legal advice, risk analysis, or financial planning... and this engagement does not include advice about your future affairs."

Comment

To BB

Originally posted by Black Bart
          ... and, hmmm....what else? Got it! Put a loaded .38 in my desk drawer.

You may want to consider at least a .40 S&W.

Regards,
          Rocky

Please do not construe the foregoing message as legal advice, self-defense instruction, or longevity planning... and this engagement does not include advice about your future affairs."

(with apologies to jainen)

Comment

Working...
          X