Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telephone Credit Form 8913

Has anyone filled out this form?

I have clients that want to know if it is worth me to go through their telephone bills to try to find out what the amount would be.

Any suggestions where to look on the bill to see what the "excise tax" is or take the 3% of total bill.

Thanks in advance
    Always cite your source for support to defend your opinion

Telephone Refund

Originally posted by SAMMY View Post
    Has anyone filled out this form?

I have clients that want to know if it is worth me to go through their telephone bills to try to find out what the amount would be.

Any suggestions where to look on the bill to see what the "excise tax" is or take the 3% of total bill.

Thanks in advance
    I don't think that it is 3% of the total bill. It is the tax on the long distance charges only. And, it is usually not worth the time to do this unless your client is a large corporation with a large amount of long distance fees.

Residences (1040/1040A) won't have enough long distance to make it worth while.
    Jiggers, EA

Comment

Another thing to consider

In your post you asked about you going through their bills. Factor in how much you will charge for going through all their bills and then filling out a longer form. Do you think that the long form will give enough additional benefit to offset these additional charges?

LT
      Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Telephone Refund

I think it works out to be about 3% of the long distance bill.

Comment

Working...
        X