Generators and Energy Credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generators and Energy Credit

According to SEC 48:Qualified Microturbine Property. The 10 percent credit is available for the purchase of qualifying stationary microturbine power plants. A qualified stationary microturbine power plant is an integrated system comprised of a gas turbine engine, a combustor, a recuperator or regenerator, a generator or alternator, and associated balance of plant components that converts a fuel into electricity and thermal energy.

Now here in Florida we spend a ton of $ on generators and I have looked over form 5695 many times and I cannot seem to find where the 10% for Microturbines go..only fuel cell. Please help!
    Last edited by Ladynole97; 02-15-2007, 08:29 PM.
    Marilyn
    Lost in .....Tax season

the other page

I looked and looked today for the line for windows and counldnt see it (must be
    tax season!), but suddenly I noticed I was looking on page one (or was it page two?)
    anyway, there are two pages to the form.
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Where on the form?

I am bringing this back up to the top to see if someone has an answer where to put a generator on this form.

I have a client who bought a generator last year and need to know where to take the credit.

Thanks.

Linda F

Comment

Most home generators are not turbine powered and would not qualify.

Comment

Try form 3468

This is an investment credit not an energy credit.

Comment

Working...
          X