Ero ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ero ?

Question was brought up on another tax forum in reference to one ERO sending files to another ERO. I know an ERO is not suppopsed to receive tax files for e-filing directly from the preparer. I did think that an ERO could send the files to another ERO though. I haven't been able to find anything to back that up though. Any thoughts on this??

Thanks!
    Eli
    Last edited by Eli; 02-14-2007, 06:43 PM. Reason: Capitalization

Originally posted by Eli View Post
    Question was brought up on another tax forum in reference to one ERO sending files to another ERO. I know an ERO is not suppopsed to receive tax files for e-filing directly from the preparer. I did think that an ERO could send the files to another ERO though. I haven't been able to find anything to back that up though. Any thoughts on this??

Thanks!
    Eli
    I think you may be talking about a "transmitter." A transmitter can collect returns from EROs and send them to the IRS. The transmitter may or may not be an ERO. Check out IRS Pub 1345

Comment

Ero

Originally posted by Luis Mopeo View Post
      I think you may be talking about a "transmitter." A transmitter can collect returns from EROs and send them to the IRS. The transmitter may or may not be an ERO. Check out IRS Pub 1345
      Nope, he's speaking of an ERO who lost his status.

Actually an ERO may establish drop off points for collecting returns to be transmitted,
      either by himself as an ET or to a service bureau.

I thougth about doing that once upon a time for a colleague who never did get her ERO
      status, but as long as she was sending her clients with completed returns to me, I
      could send them as ERO along with page 2 of her signed 1040.
      ChEAr$,
      Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Working...
      X