Direct deposited refunds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Direct deposited refunds

Has anyone had problems on the "Where's my refund" site showing a totally different direct deposit date and different amount of the refund than what the refund cycle chart and your returns show?

Yesterday, I checked and everything was right on track. This morning, he checked and it shows a refund of $500 less and a deposit date a week later. No problem on my end with the e-File date, as it's well within the timeframe for the first deposit date.

I'm having a problem with a client over this and it has me baffled. No outstanding debt for this client, whatsoever.

???
    Dennis

Some government agency entered your client's or spouse's SSN for monies owed to them. This maybe correct or in error, but the IRS will not disclose the details to you. Your client should receive a notice from the IRS explaining the hold back or could try calling the IRS directly but still might not get an answer.

Comment

Error

Called the IRS and client to find the problem, if possible. IRS shows a different amount paid in ES than the client does. He will check tonight to see if the amount given to me was correct or not. Probably not!

How do these clients NOT know what they paid in ES???

Dennis

Comment

Last year

I had a refund deposited in a Hong Kong Bank and the client was told they would get a check in the mail. IRS said it was their fault and not the fault of the preparer.

Comment

How indeed?

Originally posted by DTS View Post
          Called the IRS and client to find the problem, if possible. IRS shows a different amount paid in ES than the client does. He will check tonight to see if the amount given to me was correct or not. Probably not!

How do these clients NOT know what they paid in ES???

Dennis
          Because clients confuse dates, chiefly as in January 15th, this year or last year.
          know what I mean?
          ChEAr$,
          Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

E Services

Dennis,
            That is what is nice about e-services, you can check the client's account to see if ES payments are there. Of course you have to have a power of attorney and be signed up for e-services.

Calif has a site that you can obtain the info as well.

Sandy

Comment

Where's my refund?

Once I called and asked about my refund. At first the IRS said I still owed some tax. Then they discovered that one of my payments was credited to the wrong year. They corrected the error and sent me the refund.

Comment

Working...
              X