E-filing problem with Sch. D attachment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-filing problem with Sch. D attachment

I was going to e-file tax return and separately mail Form 8453 with Sch. D attachment. But, my software (UltraTax) says that Return does not qualify for PIN since paper document is indicated for Sch. D attachment. Then, I don't understand its difference with paper filing the complete tax return. If I cannot e-file, client's refund will take longer period and the package will be too bulky. Does anyone has a solution to e-file?

PIN Method

If the return "does not qualify for PIN filing," this does not mean that it cannot be electronically filed. PIN filing means entering a PIN and using Form 8879 instead of using Form 8453.

Answer NO in your program to the PIN method.

The program will generate Form 8453 instead of Form 8879. You have to mail the 8453 to the IRS with the Sch. D data. But the tax return is still filed electronically, and the refund takes two weeks instead of six.

Burton M. Koss
    Burton M. Koss
    koss@usakoss.net

Comment

Thank you for your post.

Comment

Sch. D attachment with Form 8453 to a State

State return requires to attach federal return. Do I need to mail Sch. D attachment with Form 8453 to a State also, or can I just efile with Form 8879 to a State?

Comment

Working...
        X