Mail to where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mail to where?

Filing a 2005 tax return with refund due. In 2005 the mail to IRS Center was in Austin, Texas.
    For this year it is in Kansas City.

Which should I use for mailing a 2005 return at this time?

Thanks.
    Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Where to mail?

I would mail it to Austin, Tx

Comment

Thanks BL

That was my first thought and then I got to wondering if everything from the first of the year forward changed even if it was for a prior year. Sometimes I think that I overthink things.:-)

LT
      Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

I vote for Kansas City

Originally posted by thomtax View Post
        That was my first thought and then I got to wondering if everything from the first of the year forward changed even if it was for a prior year. Sometimes I think that I overthink things.:-)

LT
        It seems to me that if everything was transferred there, then they (and we) should ship the old stuff there too. Of course the Birdman of Austin could be right, but you have to watch out for that desert rat - he's probably trying to drum up some business for his home town or to grow a garden in the desert.

Everybody in this business overthinks everything. It's the nature of the beast and all us nitpickers.

P.S. I think the "tax due" destination is St. Louis.

Comment

Just a thought....

>>Everybody in this business overthinks everything.<<

Do you really think so? Because I think that if I really thought about it, I wouldn't be in this business at all. Just a thought....

Comment

Jainen, just thinking

If you were not in this business, what business would you be in that you would not like?

Comment

Good prospects

>>what business would you be in<<

Oh, maybe breeding roses. Good prospects in developing virus and disease resistance. You?

Comment

My childhood ambition

I wanted to be a cartoonist. The only problem was that I had very little artistic ability and couldn't think of things to draw cartoons about. My best friend in grammar school did become a professional cartoonist and later worked in the movie and TV industry doing similar work.

Comment

From the IRS website:

These Where to File addresses are to be used ONLY by TAX PROFESSIONALS filing individual federal tax returns FOR THEIR CLIENTS in Oregon during Calendar Year 2007.

Note it doesn't say tax year 2006

Comment

Working...
                  X