Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Web CD searching for updates--slowing computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web CD searching for updates--slowing computer?

For the last few days my computer has a message that the web CD is searching for updates and my computer has been running slow.

Today the Web CD has disappeared from the icon tray at the bottom of the screen and the computer is running as fast as it ever did.

What is the story on this?

WebCD

Joe, maybe you should call the technical dept.

Comment

Yes... mine was doing that also until I right clicked on the tray icon and closed it out.

Comment

Call technical support.

Originally posted by Bird Legs View Post
        Joe, maybe you should call the technical dept.
        The problem no longer exists, so why bother technical support?

Comment

Web CD

I have a different problem. I have to turn my firewall off to use it. I dont know how to put in on a trusted site. I won't use it this year and do not intend to order it again.

Comment

Web CD

... Gee guys and gals, I have no problem at all. Works great. There must be some other internal computer issues with your system??? You need a tech to review your machine.
            This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Version 1.0

Originally posted by BOB W View Post
              ... Gee guys and gals, I have no problem at all. Works great. There must be some other internal computer issues with your system??? You need a tech to review your machine.
              It works good for me. But ever since the DOS days I remember "NEVER BUY VERSION 1.0". Since one would assume (*** U ME) that this has been BETA tested we are probably the GAMMA (or whatever comes next) testers.

Comment

The WebCD will periodically search for new updates over the web, unless you turn that feature off. While it is searching, obviously it is going to use some of your system resources and slow down your computer.

If it is doing its thing at an inconvenient time, right click on the icon box at the bottom of your screen and choose exit.

Comment

Web CD

How do we turn it off.

K

Comment

The icon has disappeared

Originally posted by Brad Imsdahl View Post
                    The WebCD will periodically search for new updates over the web, unless you turn that feature off. While it is searching, obviously it is going to use some of your system resources and slow down your computer.

If it is doing its thing at an inconvenient time, right click on the icon box at the bottom of your screen and choose exit.
                    The icon has completely disappeared. I think I turned off the computer and when it rebooted the icon disappeared and the computer began to work faster.

Comment

Working...
                    X