Soc. Sec. Benefits and back years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post
    I really don't know. I have filed three years back on such, but not further than that. This is not all that unusual though. I've had a few clients pay almost nothing over the years and when they sign up and find out the check's going to be chickenfeed, they suddenly "get religion" and want to file a bunch of back years with plenty of nice profits.

But anyhow, I suppose you could just call the national SSA number and ask this without giving client's name; telling them you're an accountant who needs to know for general information purposes. It's 800-772-1213.
    hmmm...you're probably right. I suppose this isn't an "unusual" situation at all. If this is a frequent practice, wouldn't you think the IRS and SSA would find a way to stop this practice? It's grossly unfair to the honest taxpayer. But, we all know..."life isn't fair". It might be an acceptable practice, but the more I think about it I'd probably just send the taxpayer somewhere else. This isn't the type of client I'd like to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post

P.S. I regret to inform you that I'm sending you (didn't you say you were a Block representative?) another PIA case effective tomorrow morning. You'll recognize the belligerant ignoramus by his distinct body odor, a whiff of which is sufficient to fell an ox.

Hey. no problem. I'll just let him wait his turn in the office with the baby with the soiled diaper. We'll see who blinks first. LOl
      You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

Soc. Sec. and back years

Years ago IRS offered an amnisty for returns which had not been filed. A number of
        taxpayers prepared and submitted tax returns for past years. One man said he planned to
        pay this back tax from his social security benefits he expects to receive from filing these
        back returns.

Comment

Working...
        X