Jainen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jainen

You need to come on down to Austin Tx pretty soon. The South by Southwest music festival will be starting fairly soon. Over 1100 bands from around the world will be here.
    Just wanted to give you advance notice.

Deadhead

>>come on down to Austin Tx <<

If you're referring to what I said about Bob Wills, I was no more serious about that than anything else I post here. I'm a Santa Cruz Deadhead.

Comment

Originally posted by Bird Legs View Post
      The South by Southwest music festival will be starting fairly soon. Over 1100 bands from around the world will be here.
      Will Asleep At The Wheel be there? They do allot of Bob Wills stuff.

We opened for Asleep At The Wheel at the Union Bar in Minneapolis back in 1979 when I played piano in the Bees Knees Big Band. They wanted us to join them on the road but the pay wasn't any good.

Comment

Asleep at the Wheel

Do not know if they will be playing or not. This listing of all the bands playing is on the local papers website. The paper listed only about 10. Just too many to list all of them.
        Any local band in Austin just doesn't make that much money.
        First time I heard them was in a restaurant turned into a bar. There were about
        25 people there. They were just getting started.

Comment

Originally posted by jainen View Post
          >>come on down to Austin Tx <<

If you're referring to what I said about Bob Wills, I was no more serious about that than anything else I post here. I'm a Santa Cruz Deadhead.
          the first time i saw the dead - in iowa city. an early positive life event. jerry did do country.

regarding the recent 'love fest' thread that started with kbgold's question about apt basis.
          i was happy to see the good natured warmth among all the heavy weight forum posters.

one thing i learned from taking statistics several times till i was able to pass it was that there are four possible outcomes to the test of the hypothesis:

1) right for the right reason
          2) right for the wrong reason
          3) wrong for the right reason
          4) wrong for the wrong reason

outcomes 1&3 are groovy, man.
          Last edited by LTS; 02-10-2007, 12:56 AM.

Comment

k-1's haven't even come in yet

>>there are four possible outcomes to the test of the hypothesis<<

Hmmm, I'm not so sure about that. 'Course I gave up after my first attempt at statistics (actually it was more like DURING my first attempt), but I did learn that things are never just right or wrong. There was this bell curve thing that mapped the test results all over the place.

As a matter of fact, that was pretty much WHY I gave it up, when I realized that statistics don't have any right or wrong answers, only possibilities all of which have to already be known ahead of time in order to design the test in the first place.

Admittedly that's the flunkee's point of view, and I might have learned a higher truth if I had taken the class over again enough times to get a valid sample and map a decent bell curve.

Anyway, I learned all about right and wrong and the various reasons thereof in my comparative religions class. That of course led to my current incarnation as a tax preparer, in which almost nothing is right, and even if it is it's never for the right reason. But then again almost nothing is ever wrong if there is any reason at all, and I've already gotten a whole lot more reasons from taxpayers than I ever did from my teachers--and the k-1's haven't even come in yet.
            Last edited by jainen; 02-10-2007, 01:25 AM.

Comment

outcomes -

are there more than 4? a 2x2 matrix is as far as my concentration can grasp - and that is usually a stretch.

comparative religions - max veber - loved the guy - 'prot ethic and the spirit of capitalism'

did you you read the book (by now out several years) by the dead's roadie and jgarcia's roommate? ( i want to say the title is 'living with the dead'). there seemed to be a 6-12 month period in the early 60's when things were all right for the right reasons.
              Last edited by LTS; 02-10-2007, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X