Roll Over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roll Over

I have a client 80 years old who has an IRA with credit union bank here. He recieved twice the distribution that he should have last year ( $34000). The bank addmitted the mistake and asked my client if he wanted to keep it or what?
    Well my client told the bank that he would, and so he took the money and invested into another IRA.
    Can this be a roll over? He said he had done it within 60 days but my computer is not letting me roll it over.
    I read in the taxbook where a sep IRA or simple IRA can be rolled over even after age 70.
    This is on page 13-26. At least thats the way I read it. Am I wrong?
    ken

sorry

Well after further thought, I'm not sure my client said he rolled this IRA over. What he did say was that he ( re-invested the money) into something else. I'm going to have to call him up and talk to him a bit more. He just left his stuff off with me and took off, after mentioning the problem with the double distribution of his IRA.

I'm sorry I jumped on here so quick with this but right now the old Geezer owes about 12,000 dollars and so I'm trying to do my best for him.
    ken

Comment

well darn!

And whenyou said your computer wouldn't let you ...... I was going to suggest
      you go and buy yourself another computer.

nevermind
      ChEAr$,
      Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Working...
      X