Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1099-sa?

My client has a 1099-SA

Gross distribuition is $399 Distribuition code is 1 and it is marked for HSA.

Since I have never had one before or even see one, do I put that on the form 8889 on line 13? I am not sure. Any one have a 1099-SA before to advice me?
    THANKS
    SueBaby

Sue, I think

the HSA stand for Health Saving Account. It is a fund that is similar to the Pretax medical account. The 1099 is what is put into the fund by the employer. When the tp goes to (whatever: hospital, physician, etc) the tp can use the employer HSA and then it is charged to the tp's income account.
    If this is not clear, send me an email msg.
    Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Larry M View Post
      the HSA stand for Health Saving Account. It is a fund that is similar to the Pretax medical account. The 1099 is what is put into the fund by the employer. When the tp goes to (whatever: hospital, physician, etc) the tp can use the employer HSA and then it is charged to the tp's income account.
      If this is not clear, send me an email msg.
      Larry
      It made it clear what you and Bird Legs said and the Tax Book. I put it all together finally. I have never seen or heard of one.

Called the IRS and they was going to look in the Code Book and call me back on this, but haven't heard from them. Soooo, I put it on form 8889 on line 13!

Hope to NOT get another one. But if so, I will do the same. THANKS for your help on this confussing matter!
      SueBaby

Comment

Glad I

could help. And besides, I just noticed I didn't give you my email address:
        LamDrDD@USFamily.net

Larry

Comment

Working...
        X