TaxBook Update Request-Installment Agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TaxBook Update Request-Installment Agreement

Page 15-1 needs to be updated for Installment Agreement Request.

The IRS charges a user fee to set up your installment agreement. The user fee for new installment agreements entered into after January 1, 2007 is $105 and $52 for agreements where payments are deducted directly from your bank account. Taxpayers with income at or below established levels, based on the Department of Health and Human Services poverty guidelines, can apply and be qualified to pay a reduced user fee of $43 for establishing new agreements including agreements where payments are deducted directly from your bank account. Information about requesting the reduced user fee will be included in installment agreement acceptance letter sent to individuals.

There is also a user fee of $45 effective January 1, 2007 regardless of income level for reinstating defaulted agreements or restructuring existing agreements. If you already have an approved installment agreement from a previous tax debt and your financial situation has changed, we may be able to modify or restructure your installment agreement to include additional amounts owed into one agreement.

Your are correct. The IRS revised Form 9465 in January of 2007 and increased the fees.

Comment

You're an IRS agent?

Originally posted by jmc View Post
      Page 15-1 needs to be updated for Installment Agreement Request.

The IRS...we may be able to modify or restructure your installment agreement...
      Right here in River City?

Is it too late to take back all the illegal statements I've ever made on this board? I was just kiddin'; honest! Ask anybody here -- they'll tell you I'm the biggest windjammer they've ever heard of.

Comment

Update in progress?

My computer shows a message "The TaxBook WebCD Library Installer --The TaxBookWebCD is Checking for Update"

Comment

Working...
        X