IRS e-file calendar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS e-file calendar

What is the IRS cut off date & time for issuing refunds the following week? I seem to recall it was something like accepted by noon on Wednesday, client could have refund as soon as the following Friday by direct deposit. But I can't seem to lay my hands on the schedule for this year.

Go to irs.gov

and put this in the search box:

refund cycle chart

It will bring it up for you to be saved as a pdf or printed.

Comment

IRS cut off time

I believe it is noon on Thurs this year according to the chart I have. Last year was noon Thurs. I think a few years back it was noon Wed

Bonnie

Comment

IRS Refund cycle chart

The IRS refund cycle chart show that, if direct deposited, anything filed by 11AM on Thursday will be sent on one week from the next day Friday. In other words, filed by 11AM on 2-1-07 will be direct deposited on 02-09-07. If check being mailed, it mails on 02-16-07.

Hope this helps.
        LT
        Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

I have found

that one must subtract 1 day from the IRS chart's "Transmitted and accepted (by 11:00 am) between" to compensate for the 1 day my software company takes to process the file. ie: refund cycle chart says Transmitted by Jan 25 and Feb 1 2007" "Direct Deposit Sent*" Feb 9 2007. I use ProSeries so that means I must transmitt the client return by Jan 31 in order to have the IRS receive the file by Feb 1 and the clients direct deposit should be by Feb 9.

Comment

Refund cycle

Originally posted by Larry M View Post
            that one must subtract 1 day from the IRS chart's "Transmitted and accepted (by 11:00 am) between" to compensate for the 1 day my software company takes to process the file. ie: refund cycle chart says Transmitted by Jan 25 and Feb 1 2007" "Direct Deposit Sent*" Feb 9 2007. I use ProSeries so that means I must transmitt the client return by Jan 31 in order to have the IRS receive the file by Feb 1 and the clients direct deposit should be by Feb 9.
            Larry,
            They must have a delay at ProSeries (not intended as a put down for any brand of software, so don't take any offense at me) in forwarding to the IRS. Fortunately, for me, I have transmitted returns at 10:45 on the Thursday and still get the direct deposit on the specified Friday. I use Drake.
            LT
            Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Thanks everyone! That's exactly what I was looking for. I did try searching the IRS website but didn't use that terminology so I couldn't find it.

Comment

IRS refund cycle chart

Here is the link to the 2007 efile refund cycle chart http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p2043.pdf

We always send a copy of this chart highlighted to our clients with their EFile info and client copy of their return!

Sandy

Comment

extra day not necessary with Tax Slayer

I use Tax Slayer and they are very prompt in sending returns through. Sent one evening, I have the acceptance the following morning. I haven't tried sending in the morning yet, but assume the same quick turn around. Also on the back cover of their Quick Start Manual is a copy of the refund cycle chart which is very handy.

Bonnie

Comment

Thanks Tomtax for

your msg. And no, I would never take offense to anyone posting a different outlook. You are always courteous and pleasant. And I think most posters appreciate that type of approach.
                    Larry

Comment

Working...
                    X