Brad and Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brad and Paul

Okay, Not a big thing, but is there a way to automatically log us on and log us off?

I keep forgetting to log off! If I want to search I have to log in! and if I don't log in I always have to reset to Hybrid or Linear to review the messages.

Sandy

The program is designed to manually log in and log off. I think if it were automated, it would defeat the purpose of having us log in as that helps us to screen out the spammers that use automated programs to spam forums such as ours. A spammer is less likely to bother us if he has to manually register and manually log on to do so.

I stay logged on, even after I leave the website. When I come back, I am already logged on and all my settings are in tact.

Is there any reason why you want to log off when you leave the message board?

Comment

Thanks Brad,

I know this isn't a really big "thing", but if I stay logged in, then I have a "green" icon next to my name, which I thought was showing that I was "active" on line.

I notice that if you are still logged in, the "green" isn't there.

So what do I have to do to get rid of the "green".

I like staying logged in and have in the past! I just don't want everyone to think that I am on line all the time!

Sandy

PS The TaxBook is great as usual, and so far I really like the Web version!! Very handy! Notice on the Web CD was not for more than one computer, so does that mean I can only load on my desktop and not my laptop?? If so, what is the extra cost to be able to load on Desktop and Laptop??

Comment

Go to your user CP at the upper left menu, click on Edit Options, and then click the "use invisible mode" check box. That will allow you to be online without others knowing you are online.

The WebCD notice should say the license is limited to one user. So it is OK for you to load it on all of your computers, as long as you are the only one using the program.
        Last edited by Brad Imsdahl; 01-30-2007, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Additional Information

Hello ST,

One additional point to Brad's post. The logging in and off automatically when you enter the board does not mean that you will appear as green or logged in all of the time, only when you have an active session going on the message board will you be flagged as green.

If you choose to use invisible mode via the User CP then even when you have an active session you will not be flagged as green.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Well

More info helps, but seems like I always seen the button as "green". Had a TB board member check today after I checked invisible mode, they saw the gray/blue. What I see on my screen is now "red"

So I guess the question is "Can you see me now".

Brad, thanks so much for the info about being able to load the CD on my laptop! Yes I am the only user, but will use 2 computers. This is great!

Sandy

Comment

St

You appear offline today at 1:39 p.m. Central Time.

Comment

Working...
              X