X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just.....

....... read this.

PATENTING OF TAX STRATEGIES RAISES MAJOR POLICY CONCERNS

The Treasury Department expressed major concerns over the issue of patenting of tax strategies. Regulating the practice on the tax side remains difficult because the ultimate authority to grant these patents rests with the U.S. Patent Office. That office has tended to be unreceptive to the idea that patents should not be granted because of their potential impact on the tax system or on revenues. The Patent Office position is that this is just another business method and the Treasury Department should “get over it”.

AND This.

IRS FACES TIGHT BUDGET—EVERSON CALLS FOR GREATER ENFORCEMENT

IRS Commissioner Mark Everson said the agency’s budget situation puts it on a tightrope as it tries to cope with last-minute extensions of tax breaks, new refunds on the telephone excise tax, and a first time program to let taxpayers split their refunds into more than one account. He said there is no margin for error. Everson said that closing the tax gap will be the major focus of the IRS in 2007. Compliance and more audits are the name of the game.
    Last edited by BOB W; 01-26-2007, 08:30 PM.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

more patents

i think the patent office has a similar view of patenting sections of the human genome. go for it and get over it.

Comment

Working...
    X