Residential Energy Credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Client qualified for the maximum $500 energy credit. Is the old credit still in effect for installing insulation $200 worth.

Chief

Go back to the third page and check out the thread "residential energy credits" by "bucky" (1-24-07/8:45 A.M.) Bob W. posted a good link there that will answer your question.

Comment

Darn You Black Bart

Give me a simple answer. Most of the time I canit get on the Board for todays posts much less for page 3. The Board is overloaded. The TaxBook CD is overloaded with users. It is all very frustrating.

Comment

I made a new years resolution to only answer questions of those who at least attempt to do research first. www.irs.gov has instructions for every form...did you consider checking there?
        I'm also curious as to how you got to be a "senior member" there is no public profile for you.taxea
        Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

If I understand

Originally posted by taxea View Post
          I'm also curious as to how you got to be a "senior member" there is no public profile for you.taxea
          ...it correctly, 100 posts make you a senior member.

LT
          Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Resi Energy Credit

thanks Thomtax, I was just curious taxea

Comment

I made a new years resolution to only answer questions of those who at least attempt to do research first. www.irs.gov has instructions for every form...did you consider checking there?
              I don't mean to butt in , However Taxea I think your comments to Chief are a little harsh. Chief has been very helpful and gracious in answering many questions for all posters on this forum. I have personally seen him provide detailed and through answers and I think he has proven himself enough to those on this forum who know him. So I would ask that maybe you cut him some slack. Thanks

Comment

It's gettin' kinda crowded alright, Billy.

Originally posted by Chief View Post
                Give me a simple answer. Most of the time I canit get on the Board for todays posts much less for page 3. The Board is overloaded. The TaxBook CD is overloaded with users. It is all very frustrating.
                "Those were the days my friend; we thought they'd never end...." -- yeah, we kinda had the board to ourselves, didn't we? But things change and we've got to go with them -- what else can we do?

Here's Bob's link I referred to. You get 10% of the cost of the insulation up to $500 (buy $3,000 worth of insulation and get $300 off your taxes).

ENERGY STAR makes it easy for consumers and businesses to save money and protect the environment.

It's nice to hear from you again and I hope you are well. Drop in again at a less frantic time.

Best personal regards,

Black Bart

Comment

Chief was just kidding, taxea (but not about the overcrowding)

What sea-tax is talking about is this: the Chief (formerly Billy O.) is a wonderful, older (sorry, Bill) guy who's a minister and a tax preparer in Florida. He was a prolific, long-time poster on the old QF board when Brad and Paul were running that one instead of this one. He contributed here until a heart problem forced him to slow down about a year or so ago.

Anyhow, he's advised graciously, generously, and knowledgably many, many times over the years to the great benefit of other tax preparers and was probably doing taxes (as they say) when you and I were in diapers.

No offense taken and I know you meant none; just wanted to tell you that Chief is a poster who richly deserves our thanks and our respect.

And...best regards to you, too.

Comment

Research

Taxea, sorry I disagree with your post. Some posters have problems doing research, and some posters are great at research. It is your choice whether or not to respond to the post.

If you choose not to take the time and look up the research material and links, etc, that is your choice. Some of the posters will take the time ( we all learn along the way sometimes!) and then we post the results for all to benefit from.

This is a board of what I consider to be friends and family in the Tax World, and if I can post something that would be of benefit then I will post it.

In this regard, Chief has been around as long as I have been on this board and another prior board, and Chief has been extremely helpful in the past to most of us.

Personally, I think you owe Chief an apology!!

Sandy
                    Last edited by S T; 01-27-2007, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Thank You

Black Bart thank you for your kind words. I get a little impatient with the slow down of this Board. I finally got my answer and put that Bulletin in my Favs and a hard copy in my attche case. At time I feel that I am the dumbest person on this Board.

Comment

Dumbest

Originally posted by Chief View Post
                        Black Bart thank you for your kind words. I get a little impatient with the slow down of this Board. I finally got my answer and put that Bulletin in my Favs and a hard copy in my attche case. At time I feel that I am the dumbest person on this Board.
                        The dumbest person is the one that does not have sense enough to ask a question. We all have brain lapses (can I say farts here?) once in a while.

Comment

Chief
                          My humblest apology...Guess I was having a bad day...sorry I took it out on you especially since I stole your line and made it my mantra....tax programs are no substitute for tax knowledge. my fondest aloha taxea

Comment

Answer the Question

Like most people, I'm also a big fan of the Chief. Proud to say I know this fine gentleman personally. But the Hawaiian EA has already apologized, so we'll move on.

One of the things we are amiss is not answering the question. Of thirteen posts, only one of them (Black Bart) really gave Chief a direct answer. We get carried away, and I perhaps am the world's worst. Often a question which begins a thread will morph into a totally different subject. There should be room to have fun and still address the subject.

By the way, you may have noticed this post doesn't address his question either. I got into the middle of this Residential Energy Credit on another thread and found myself terribly confused and reading numerous conflicting opinions. I haven't seen a good authoritative definition for hot water heaters yet that gives us a "slam dunk."

Bart is right, the public is going to expect us to "cook up" a credit whether they qualify or not.

Comment

Funny you should say that Snag,

Originally posted by Snaggletooth View Post

One of the things we are amiss is not answering the question...
                              because I was just re-reading my answer to Chief and, actually, I didn't give a direct answer at first either to his question: "Is the old credit still in effect for installing insulation $200 worth?" Instead I gave him a link (although that would be the most help in the long run).

I, too, have a bad habit of wandering away from the original subject, but worse than that, about half the time I just half-read the question and start firing away, so I need to make myself concentrate more on what the person is actually asking.

P.S. This is probably going to sound crazy, but I'm suffering one of those episodes like where Bird-Legs says his brain "froze up." Chief's question about whether or not "the old credit is still in effect" got me wondering about it because I remember talking about one last year, but I simply don't remember taking one. I looked at an '05 1040 and don't see a slot for it. Was there one in effect last year (now don't change the subject)?

Comment

Working...
                              X